A check on database cloning from sun to fujitsu

From: Gautrak <gautrak_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2004 03:01:53 -0700

Hi,
Our current database is 8.1.7.4 32-bit on sun sparc server with solaris 2.6.

we have to clone this on a fujitsu prime power with solaris 2.9 64-bit.
There is no change in instance naming or file paths.

I believe this should be quite straight forward
- Install same oracle version 32 bit on new server.

Appreciate a perusal from group. Anyone encountered any problems in this kind of scenario?

TIA,
gautrak Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 05:01:53 CDT