Re: Is there a way to find a timestamp of a row

From: Prem K Mehrotra <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2004 16:59:03 -0700

"Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<clje3e$qs4$1_at_hercules.btinternet.com>...
> Could you explain why you don't want to
> store the data on the row ?
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Jonathan Lewis

> The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ
>
> http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html
> Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated Sept 19th
>

> "Prem K Mehrotra" <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > When I look in any of my tabls in Oracle database, I can get rowid for
> > each
> > row, but is there a way to find the time when that row was created. I
> > don't want to store cretaion time of a row as a column in my table.
> > Does Oracle internally keep this information some where, if yes how to
> > access this time information?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Prem

This was a general question. During troubleshooting problems, I sometimes want to know when the row was created or when it was updated. I thought, there may be some way in Oraclle where this infromation is kept. Looks like this infromation is not saved in Oracle except in 10G where one can get approximate time when row was last updated.

Prem Received on Mon Oct 25 2004 - 18:59:03 CDT