Oracle 8i Restoring Hot backup on a different server - Solaris

From: Manoj Rajshekar <manrajshekar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2004 16:47:24 -0700

Hi,

I have a Solaris server which is presently taking hot backups. I have built a different Solaris box, with the same version of OS/DB. But the directories where files are located are different.

I want to use the hot backups from ServerA and restore them on ServerB. I guess I caanot use the existing control file backup from ServerA, since the locations of datafiles/logs,etc are different. So I assume I need to generate the control file from the trace file and recreate it to reflect the new locations,etc.

Is this true and also if anyone can point me the key files which I need to consider for doing this, that would be great.

Thanks much...
Regards Received on Mon Oct 25 2004 - 18:47:24 CDT