Re: Retrieve ORACLE_HOME setting from PL/SQL

From: Stephan Bressler <sbresslerx_no_spam_at_arcor.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:45:26 +0200

> Maybe you'd care to elaborate why you'd want to do that? I'm having a hard
> time figuring out what good it'd do you.
Hi,
we're running hundreds of oracle instances of various versions and platform. To keep track of the versions, settings, etc. we've developed a pl/sql package, which runs on each instance an collects a bunch of data (e.g. version, datafile usage, downtimes, etc). Now we'd like to collect the actual ORACLE_HOME, too.

Oratab is not really an option for we have a lot of instances on windows. Beside that, utl_file_dir would required a change on every singel instance plus a reboot.

Therefor I'd prefer that is accessible within the instance, a view, (hidden) parameter, etc.

I hope this information is sufficient.

Stephan Received on Mon Oct 25 2004 - 07:45:26 CDT