Re: Strange "Truncate table" behavior in PL/SQL

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:50:14 +0200

Kamal wrote:
> Ehm... I know the message is long but please answer me something, even insults!!!
>
> :)
>
> Kamal

Well, I don't have a 8.1.7 to test, but on 10g it worked without error message - exactly what I'd expect.

You know, without 'authid current_user', anyone with the right to execute p00 should be able to truncate the table t through the procedure; that's what definer's right are for.

I've got the feeling that your session transkript was not created with the skript you supplied. Maybe you had a 'drop table T' somewhere instead of truncate?

HTH Holger Received on Mon Oct 25 2004 - 06:50:14 CDT