Re: spfile vs pfile in 9i

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:35:21 -0700

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> DA Morgan wrote:
>

>>don't disagree with a single byte you posted. But I think anyone that
>>doesn't have concrete between their ears has been reading this thread
>>and has got it by now.

> You do know that Burleson is on record as saying that the spfile makes every
> parameter dynamic, don't you?

And Howard Rogers, Richard Foote, and numerous others are on record saying Burleson was wrong and have posted more than adequate demonstrations to support their belief.

> Or, should I say, he once was on record to that effect, but probably he's
> edited the relevant documents and pulled the relevant posts, so it will be
> difficult to prove the point.

Well one measure of a person is their ability to correct their mistakes. So I would hope he has corrected it. Proving that you were right and he was wrong is appropriate for the schoolyard. The most important thing is that when mythology is found it is exposed for those that need to know.

> Kenneth's post was in the same vein.
>
> I'm sorry if I'm over-doing the 'please see the facts for the trees' style
> of post.
>
> I'll stop now.
> HJR
Thanks. I appreciate it when you find and correct mythology. From your posts I have learned enough to appear competent almost everywhere. ;-)

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington