Re: spfile vs pfile in 9i

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:56:34 -0700

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> DA Morgan wrote:
>

>>The horse is dead Howard ... you can stop beating it now.

> Truth is never a dead horse, Daniel.
>
> And myth-making about the spfile needs squashing, just like myth-making
> about anything else in Oracle.
>
> The spfile doesn't make static parameters magically dynamic. And it doesn't
> do validation of entries, either. Those are the facts. Don't have a go at
> me merely for pointing them out.
>
> HJR
I don't disagree with a single byte you posted. But I think anyone that doesn't have concrete between their ears has been reading this thread and has got it by now.

I wasn't criticizing ... just letting you know you could stop trying to put more excalamation points at the end of the paragraph. ;-)

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington