Re: Oracle 10g and Apple MacOSX who has experience how to install?

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:31:51 +0200

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:17:55 +0200, max wrote (in article <41767372$1_2_at_news.bluewin.ch>):
> Has anyone experience in installing oracle on a Macintosh (Powerbook or
> G5) Running MacOSX 1.3.5 ?
>
> What do i need to install it successfully and how does it perform ?

Nothing very special at all, xcode >= 1.2 mainly for gcc libs and tools. Take a look at http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle for details. You need to create a few directories if you are running on a client version (/opt) and before running root.sh you do need to correct the path's to lots of tools that are wrong in the script.
I did not get ASM working, RAC will not work in the 10.0.1.3 release. I did not do performance tests. sqlplus is a slow starter because the prebind does not work.

With kind regards / met vriendelijke groeten, Ronald

http://ronr.nl/unix-dba
http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle Received on Sat Oct 23 2004 - 09:31:51 CDT