Re: spfile vs pfile in 9i

From: HansF <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:02:51 GMT

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> But I phrased my hyperbole with the 'makes things dynamic' and 'can
> configure more than one instance' claims in mind. I should have put it
> more carefully.

Not necessarily. I agree with your comment on this for most environments, so no argument at all. I also happen to like the passion you put into most posts.

As with many of Oracle's features and enhancements - there is a place and a purpose. Just wanted to point that out for the OP since this is a PFILE vs SPFILE discussion.

/Hans Received on Fri Oct 22 2004 - 17:02:51 CDT