Re: Import in a precreated schema: triggers and foreign keys question

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:19:07 -0500

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:26:50 -0400, "G Dahler" <gordon.dahler_at_spamex.com> wrote:

>"Brian Dick" <bdick_at_cox.net> a écrit dans le message de
>> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:39:15 -0400, G Dalher wrote:
>>
>> > Oracle 8174
>> >
>> > I want to export a schema in order to rebuild it's segments in a locally
>> > managed tablespace (autoallocate)
>>
>> alter table X move ...
>
>Nope. This works great for a small number of simple tables, but when there
>is intermedia stuff involved, it becomes a mess. In my case, what I have to
>move is an oracle designer repository + some application data. Lots of
>tables + indexes

I have no experience with intermedia so can't address that, but small number of tables vs large number of tables? So ....

set echo off feedback off header off
spool move_tabs.sql
SELECT 'ALTER TABLE ' || table_name | ' remainder of the MOVE command' FROM dba_tables
WHERE ....
spool off

@move_tabs.sql Received on Fri Oct 22 2004 - 12:19:07 CDT