Re: Java stored procedure in insert/update trigger on CLOB column

From: Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:59:43 -0600

Prem K Mehrotra wrote:
> May be the problem is not in java code per se but in the PL/SQL code
> in trigger which passes the locator. Error could also be the way
> PL/SQL function is mapped to java function.
>
> I have done similar things with BLOB i.e. invoke a trigger which calls
> a Java function for compressing BLOB's without any problem.

Thanks for responding. Could you show me how your trigger passes the LOB to the stored procedure, and how your stored procedure maps the LOB to Java? I'd like to compare it to my attempt.

Also, can anyone comment on my technique of reading from and writing to the same Java CLOB object that was passed as an argument, then returning it as the result? That is, whether

         Writer output = ((CLOB) bar).getCharacterOutputStream();

should be something like

         CLOB baz = new CLOB();
         Writer output = baz.getCharacterOutputStream();

Thanks,

--
Kevin Rodgers