Re: Using XML and a relational database

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:36:20 -0700

Gregory Burd wrote:

> Why are you using a relational database for XML? We have a native XML
> database that could solve your problems.
>
> -greg

> Gregory Burd
> Product Manager gburd_at_sleepycat.com
> Sleepycat Software, Inc. http://www.sleepycat.com/

The only problems solved by an XML database are having too much unused disk space, too much bandwidth, too much scalability, and too much performance.

I'll put money on every XML database company being out of busines within ten years. Or, perhaps optimistically, joining the large number of successful companies selling object databases.

And thank you for posting to every usenet group you could spell.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington