Re: Fail Safe Installation Question

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:03:34 GMT

John Hurley wrote:

>> I'm not totally clear about the Fail Safe Installation instructions.

> What's Fail Safe an anacronym for RAC?

NO. Not RACish at all.

IIRC, it's effectively a fail-over mechanism to run in conjunction with MS Cluster Services. Think a layer to coordinate between MSCS and Data Guard.

Last I heard, it was on it's way out around 9.0.1. Therefore I suspect it's not available for 9iR2, but I may be wrong.

/Hans Received on Thu Oct 21 2004 - 13:03:34 CDT