Performance Tuning.

From: Satish <satishsanthanam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Oct 2004 01:14:35 -0700

Hi,

I have a loop control structure as below. This seem to take a lot of time. Is there any way by which I can improve the performance by changing the loop control structure..

 for v_Counter in 1..v_schedule.count loop

       v_CouponRecord := v_schedule(v_Counter);
       if (v_CouponRecord.pay_date >= i_start) Then
          i_t := calculate_years_between_ytdt(i_start,v_CouponRecord.pay_date,security_record,v_schedule,
FALSE);
          if ( i_eType = eFactor) then
             nfactor := factor(i_r,i_t,
security_record.yield_frequency);
          end if;
          if (i_eType = eDFactor) then
             nfactor := dFactor(i_r,i_t,
security_record.yield_frequency);
          end if;
          couponAmount :=
getCouponAmount(v_CouponRecord.pay_date,security_record,v_schedule);
          if (v_CouponRecord.pay_date = security_record.maturity_date)
then
             couponAmount := couponAmount + 1.0;
          end if;
          total := total + couponAmount * nfactor;
       end if;

    end loop;

Thanks,
Satish Received on Thu Oct 21 2004 - 03:14:35 CDT