Re: In search of script to generate analyze command

From: Snewber <s_at_s.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:07:45 +1000

If you are using 9i try this. Not sure how much of the following is in 8i.

Using the dbms_stats package.

ALTER_SCHEMA_TABLE_MONITORING Procedure
This procedure enable or disables the DML monitoring feature of all the tables in the schema, except for snapshot logs and the tables, which monitoring does not support. Using this procedure is equivalent to issuing ALTER TABLE...MONITORING (or NOMONITORING) individually. You should enable monitoring if you use GATHER_DATABASE_STATS or GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS with the GATHER AUTO or GATHER STALE options.

GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS Procedure
This procedure gathers statistics for all objects in a schema.

And then maybe something like this.

declare
 l_objList dbms_stats.objectTab;
begin
 dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats

 ( ownname        => 'PROD',
   options        => 'LIST STALE',
   objlist        => l_objList );

 for i in 1 .. l_objList.count
 loop
   dbms_output.put_line( l_objList(i).objType );    dbms_output.put_line( l_objList(i).objName );  end loop;
end;
/