Re: Oracle error

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 20 Oct 2004 14:04:37 -0700

michel.girard_at_ca.gi-de.com (Mike) wrote in message news:<c811b566.0410191034.22910f65_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am having the following problem.
> I had to rebuild a Novell 3.12 server.
> I restored from a tape all my files.
>
> When I try to the following
>
> load sqldba startup
> I receive the following message:
>
> DBA-00314 Message not found;product=RDBMS;facility=DBA;language=NULL
>
> ORA-09241 Message not found;product=RDBMS;facility=ORA;language=NULL
>
> I am using Oracle Server v6.0.37.5.1. Netware.
>
> Anybody have an idea and thanks in advance

I would guess you don't have ORACLE_HOME set correctly, so it can't find the message file to tell you you don't have ORACLE_HOME set correctly. Or whatever it was called back then, haven't seen it since so many years. Maybe TWO_TASK was used.

Look around for a file that sets environment variables. It may be under a particular super-duper login. Also, be sure you don't have too many NLM's loaded, the 9241 message might be "insufficient memory." I have a very vague memory of having to play around with the order of loading things to squish Oracle in there, as well as driver loading issues. Funny, I can remember the screen, the desk, the junk on the desk, the geek at the next desk, the Far Side stuff on the wall, but not what was on the screen. All that came back on seeing "load sqldba startup." Wasn't there something else loaded before that?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"In this Usenet world we live in, we have to put up with much worse