Re: Make table read-only

From: Brian Dick <bdick_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:40:07 -0400

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:12:57 +0200, Ralf Zwanziger wrote:

> Is ist possible to make an oracle table read-only?
> (without moving it to a read-only tablespace).
> I haven't found any command like "alter table xxx read only" in the
> docs.
>
> Bye,
> Ralf

You could make a table read-only with Virtual Private Database (VPD). The SELECT policy generator would return an empty string. The INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE policy generator would throw an exception. VPD can only be circumvented by SYS and users granted EXEMPT ACCESS POLICY. Received on Wed Oct 20 2004 - 10:40:07 CDT