Re: Fssnap and Oracle 9i

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:03:54 +0200

I don't know what's got into you lately, but you've gone into the habit of taking comments very personal.

Perhap's it might help if I replay this thread as I received it (and probably not as anyone who participated in it wanted it to go, drift or what ever):

OP asked if fssnap can be used for backups while the instance is up and running. Ana C.Dent stepped in and said try it out, which was certainly not helpful so you stepped in. And with regards to backup I might add, who, if not you should know the answer (well perhaps there are many people on earth that know as much or more about backup & recovery in oracle, however, they rarely show up in this group).

Now while your answer was precise and correct, it left me too wondering, why you didn't mention what Oracle offers to make hot backups working. It's just not you to leave that out.

So Joel stepped in and gently asked about hot backups. I'm neither natural english nor had an education in languages, so I might missed some fine nuances of his answer, but I was really surprised how you reacted. And the rest of the thread really should not have happend.

When I started to read this group a some 3 years ago, I soon started to look out for anything HJR wrote, 'cause it was always worth reading it and you where never that agitated as you are now (or my memory just isn't that good).

You have a way with words, that others don't have. Please never forget that.

Cheers,

Holger Received on Wed Oct 20 2004 - 03:03:54 CDT