Cleaning and backing up a huge table

From: Kalle <not_at_valid.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 05:01:42 GMT

Hello,

I have a question concerning a huge table, there is around 35million rows, and I need to clean it based on a time stamp and before cleaning I need to also save those records as a backup. At the moment there is no indexes on that table.

What do you recommend for a procedure to do this task, and in the future this will happen frequently, should I create partitions now... And how should I do the first cleaning, now when there is no partition...

Thank you so much in advance,

Kalle Received on Wed Oct 20 2004 - 00:01:42 CDT