Re: Moving oracle database from d: drive to e: drive

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:52:45 +0200

"hitesh" <bagadiya_at_yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:7e33e239.0410190503.164bf76a_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> We have taken a copy of our oracle databases from d: drive Win2K to e:
> drive (new HDD). The oracle server is installed on c: drive and not
> changed. What configuration changes to I need to do to point the
> oracle server to the new databases on the new drive?.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hitesh

Execute "alter database rename ... " for all files: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/statements_15a.htm#2125247

Or create a backup control file to trace, edit the generated trace file and execute it: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/statements_15a.htm#2078532

Change the control_files parameter in your init.ora file as well as the *dump_dest parameters...

--
Regards
Michel Cadot