Re: Question on Incomplete Media Recovery

From: Rozz Williams <satarnag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2004 09:34:14 -0700

The hotbackup script does a log switch at the end of backing up all datafiles and the controlfile. When the logswitch occurs, Oracle will create an archived redolog, which gets backed up as well.

So when I restore, I will have only the datafiles, controlfile and one archived redolog past the point of backup.

Does that answer your question?

Regards...