Installing Oracle on openVMS

From: Simon Stirley <simon_at_stirley.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:11:53 GMT

Hi,

I've got an old DEC Alpha that I've installed openVMS (Hobbyist license) onto, and am now trying to get Oracle setup. Everytime I come to run the installer (@runInstaller off Disk1) it tells me I must have certain permissions for the current user - but from what I can see I have those permissions. Is this a common problem that anyone knows how to solve ? thanks.

PS. the user I created to install under is 'sa' and has permissions added with AUTHORIZE as follows -
CMKRNL
GROUP
WORLD
GRPNAM
SYSNAM The 'system' account itself doesn't work as the installer won't let you install under that, or any account in the system group. Received on Tue Oct 19 2004 - 08:11:53 CDT