Re: selecting a column according to a minimum

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:20:46 -0400

Daniel here is the relevant quote from the original post:
>How can I rewrite the SELECT statement in (1) such that [condition]
>doesn't have to be typed in twice? Or how can I achieve the same thing
>in some other way? (I am open to other solutions as well as long as
>they are inside the limits of Oracle PL/SQL.)
The proposed syntax works, to the best of my knowledge, in Oracle 9i and it does answer the post.
I try to help with SQL issues across newsgroups for DB2, Informix, SQL Server and on occasion Oracle.
IBM policy does not allow me - a DB2 engine developer - to install a competitive product. The reasons for that are obvious: It would invite lawsuits. Just read the Oracle licencing agreement if you doubt that.

Not having a specific product installed is not a hindrance to contribute   SQL Standard knowledge.

If you have an issue with my constructive posts in this group just hit the ignore button on your reader.

Cheers
Serge Received on Tue Oct 19 2004 - 07:20:46 CDT