Re: Oracle 10g Release 2

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:59:24 GMT

raj wrote:

> Does anyone know when the above software is likely to be released and
> the new features it is to incorporate. I understand one of the new
> features is server provisioning..

Impatient? 99% of the world doesn't even know how to use 9i properly, let alone 10gR1

Based on history, any date you may have heard (or will hear until 2 days after the actual release) will be pure fiction. And even then the release on the platform YOU want will be at least '11' days later. <g>

Semi-seriously though - I do note that Open World (with the Apps World merged in) is December 3-5, just after end of their fiscal quarter. I'd certainly expect any content announcement held until the conference in any case.

/Hans Received on Mon Oct 18 2004 - 19:59:24 CDT