ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

From: vinnie washington <vwas_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2004 16:41:22 -0700

I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out why I'm receiving this problem. I am running Oracle 8.1.7 on Win2K server and have been receiving this message in my application. When I query 'select sql_text from v$open_cursor; ' to see what is holding things up, I see:

SELECT NULL AS table_cat, t.owner AS table_schem,

with 300 entries in the table. Any thoughts? Received on Mon Oct 18 2004 - 18:41:22 CDT