Transportable tablespace doubts

From: Tho Nguyen <tho_pic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2004 15:07:39 -0700

Hi folks,

I am familiar with exp/imp but never try transportable tablespace option before. I hope you guys may help to clear my doubts. Let's say I have tablespace A_1, that is self-contained. In that tablespace, I have data, indexes, etc of schema X. Now I tranfer that one to another database, so will Oracle create user X in the target database?
I wish I could test it now but I can't. Thanks a bunch. Received on Mon Oct 18 2004 - 17:07:39 CDT