Re: ADO&Oracle bulk inserts ( what else! )

From: Frank Piron <empty_at_zero.nil>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:42:01 +0200

Hi,

Am Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:30:57 GMT schrieb JohnP <johnp_at_optonline.net>:

> I need to write an ado app that reads a 27million record table, process
> it
> and insert it into a new table.
> Unfortunately I have no choice on the use of ADO.

Please check if you can use the

insert into ...
  select from ...

syntax to perform your task. You may specify in the select part of the statement appropriate column operations. Perhaps you have to write some stored procedures (Eventually you have to use the PRAGMA restrict_references with the WNDS parameter).

In the where clause you can restrict one call to the statement to vertikal parts of youre source table thus keeping control over transaction amount.

The above statement you can call from ADO or SQL*Plus.

--
Crisis? What Crisis?
f_r_a_n_k_a_t_k_o_n_a_d_d_o_t_n_e_t