Re: Oracle9i, RAC on linux - server hardware recommendation

From: Mark Clark <nospam_at_thankyou.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 18:11:38 +0100

On 12 Oct 2004 04:44:26 -0700, onetylerdurden_at_yahoo.com (ty) wrote:

>We have decided on the following setup for our database server
>
>Oracle 9i + RAC
>Redhat linux (AS)
>Netapp filer (for shared storage).
>
>Any ideas\suggestions??go for 64bit cpu??
>btw,cost effectiveness is NOT a major fector-we look for 1.reliability
>2.performance.
>
> Thanks
> Yossi Ben Haroosh
> System Administrator
> http://www.netwarkit.info

Choose somethign thats certified by Oracle on metalink, consider the options if appropriate under the "unbreakable" initiative and all the normal aspects of introducing a new hardware vendor (or not as the case maybe).

Netapp is cool and ignore any advice regarding NFS -- that doesn't apply to Netapp any longer. As an aside, they fully support FCAL connectivity if required ...

Finally TEST whatever you end up with in a RAC and Non-RAC configuration and if possible baseline it against something you know and love that you are well familar with internally.

Mark
http://www.linxcel.co.uk Received on Sat Oct 16 2004 - 12:11:38 CDT