Re: Auditing DBAs

From: Jan van Mourik <jmourik_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Oct 2004 14:39:21 -0700

We have this problem too, brought on by the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation. Our auditors are pressing for individual accountability for all the Oracle DBAs. So Sybrand's solution isn't applicable to our situation... One small step we're taking is creating individual unix accounts for all dbas, then have them su to oracle when necessary. But what then? In 9i we can set that nice parameter "audit_sys_operations" which is probably enough. But I'm not sure yet what to do in 8i.

Any suggestions (and no, we can't fire the auditors Sybrand!)

jan Received on Fri Oct 15 2004 - 16:39:21 CDT