Oracle Change Manager

From: James <hajaansh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:14:42 +0200

hi there!

I wrote to comp.database.oracle.tools but got no reply. I saw some questions in here about Oracle Change Manager so I thought I would send it here as well! I have two problems

First problem:
I am wanting to compare the properties of two database schemas in two oracle databases. We have a test database and this no needs to be synchronized with the 'live' database.

So far I have got the Comparison View the comparison but when I want to export the results to HTML I get the file but no comparisons! What could be wrong? The comparison tree compares just fine it just cannot export.

I have tried this with two different OEM Managers resulting in the same effect.

Second problem:
The synchronization wizard does not add schema objects to the destination schema, it just synchronizes the ones that exist. Doesnt synchronization do this or do I need to use DB Propergate (when I had a go at this it said that the user did not exist in the other database but it did).

Maybe I have just missed something basic.

I am running Oracle 9i. The Management console is version 9.2.0.1.0.

I hope someone can help here at least.

Cheers! Received on Fri Oct 15 2004 - 05:14:42 CDT