Re: script problem solved, but I still don't understand ....

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:53:35 +0200

Ed Stevens wrote:
[..]

> If it had given 'Connected to an idle instance' it would all make
> perfect sense. But as you can see from the original post, it clearly
> said 'Connected'. Here's what trying to connect to a null
> ORACLE_SID gives at the command line, followed by an attempt with a
> bogus value. Both gave expected results. This was just from a
> command prompt, not within a script and certainly not in a script
> executed by cron.

[..]

Ok, my point was, that if you're really connected to an instance, sqlplus is in the habit of telling you which instance it's connected to. And as an absolut shot in the dark I thought maybe that's just the solaris sqlplus maybe in conjunction with the fact that it was run from a script.

Sometimes I get those fantasies ;-)

Holger Received on Fri Oct 15 2004 - 00:53:35 CDT