Re: column descriptions

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:05:23 GMT

root wrote:

> Sorry if this is a newb question...
>
> Why when I do a query does it show the column description every 5 results.
> Can't it just do it once at the top?
>
> Thanks

You are using a specific tool or utility to do your query. Possibly SQLPlus. Or perhaps TOAD.

The answer to your question is dependant on the utility you use, and to a certain extent the version of the utility.

In SQLPlus the column heading (which I think is what you mean by description) shows up according to the page size setting. See the 'SET' command if you use SQLPlus

By the very description of your problem, I strongly encourage you to obtain the O'Reilly Book 'Oracle Essentials' as a high level overview of the environment and terminology, followed by a swim in the Concepts manual. That will help you over the initial hurdles you face - concepts and terms.

/Hans Received on Thu Oct 14 2004 - 15:05:23 CDT