Re: script problem solved, but I still don't understand ....

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:55:01 +0200

Steve wrote:

>> Personally I'd expect an 'Connected to an idle instance'. Try what you
>> get
>> if you do
>>
>> export ORACLE_SID=foo
>> sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
>>
>> since I don't have a Solaris at hand I can't check the outcome. But it
>> should
>> get you on the right track anyway.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Holger

> ORACLE_SID=foo sqlplus "/ as sysdba" @mysqlscript would be better... is
> &1 defined?
>
> Steve

You've lost me there. Why would that be better to demonstrate the fact that you can get a connected (to an idle instance) when using any arbitrary ORACLE_SID? The point is that you'll get on any subsequent command (other than startup) the not connected error.

Cheers
Holger Received on Thu Oct 14 2004 - 02:55:01 CDT