NetBackup troubles

From: Evgeny Gudzjuk <evg_at_ivanovo.mts.ru>
Date: 14 Oct 2004 00:24:04 -0700

Hi guru, I've catch quite strange problem

Given:

NetBackup 4.5+FP6, Oracle 8.1.7.4,
Solaris 8 on the MasterServer, Solartis 7 on the client

One host (h.e. MasterServer) performs backup via RMAN, the other host
(client) is trying

to restore backuped files. Datafiles on the client are placed on raw-devices
(Disk Suite)

Here in what a problem:

When restore remaining is about 30-40Kb the RMAN is throws out:

RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-27192: skgfcls: sbtclose2 returned error - failed to close file
ORA-19511: Failed to process backup file. ORA-19501: read error on file "DB.INC0.11_20.s232.p1", blockno 34156289 (blocksize=512)
ORA-27190: skgfrd: sbtread2 returned error ORA-19511: Can't read a tape block from a backup file.

Such behaviour is taking place when tail of the backupset includes a piece of the file for restoring.
Restore completes successfully when all files are located in the head of &#1072; backupset . If I try to verify the whole backupset
(restore database/datafile validate) it also completes successfully.

My access rights and sizes of the raw-devices are definitely valid.

Such behaviour is taking place on different tapes and backupsets.

The METALINK says "this error requires contacting the media management vendor"

What you can say about? Received on Thu Oct 14 2004 - 02:24:04 CDT