Re: Surrogate Key vs Production Key

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:47:59 -0700

Joel Garry wrote:

>>No one has purchased Boeing or AT&T Wireless, recently so you are
>>correct.

> So you are saying Boeing and AT&T have completely static customers?
> Or are you saying you haven't worked for either?

Worked multiple times for both and on contract with one of them right this very second.

My point was that there have not been any requirements to merge data in a manner where the issues being discussed here were a problem. True AT&T Wireless and Cingular will likely merge. But nowhere in their systems, for example, will you find duplicate phone numbers.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington