Re: setting up 2 Oracle-8 databases on one host

From: KatrinaH <kcheathcote_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:08:45 -0400

I guess I left things a little ambiguous. Here are the details:

  1. My goal is to make a carbon copy of my company's current databse setup on a new host for testing purposes. The current database setup has two databases on one host - one database holds the 'data'- this database has 5 schemas - and the other is used to keep track of work requests.
  2. I using Oracle8i (8.1.7). My OS is Compaq Tru64 UNIX
  3. I want to keep the same ORACLE_HOME - this is what was done in the databases I am making a copy of.

I have already installed Oracle and I set up the 'data' database. After I had set it up I realized the 'work request' database needed to be on the same host. I am now unsure how to create the second database on this host. Received on Wed Oct 13 2004 - 13:08:45 CDT