dbms_fga.add_policy

From: IPower <power_ian_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2004 06:20:45 -0700

dbms_fga.add_policy

Hi I am trying to implement fga on a schema using Oracle 10g. I am trying to set the policy on the persons table and setting audit_column to a couple particular columns(See example below). There is a column in my persons table called "alias2". I am not sure why but when I set the policy including this column my policy fires even when I do the following query:

select workphone from persons.

When I remove alias2 and run the same select statement the fga policy does not fire as expected. I have check to see if the column alias2 is spelled wrong etc and everything is fine. Does anyone have a reason why the fga is fired when I run the select statement when audit_column included alias2? I thought maybe because the column had a number and I tested this using another column street2 and it works as expected.

EXAMPLE
begin
dbms_fga.add_policy(

object_schema=>'TEST',
object_name=> 'PERSONS',
policy_name=> 'PERSONS_POLICY',

handler_schema => 'TEST',
handler_module => 'CAPTURE_FGA',
audit_column =>'name, pid, alias2, workphone', statement_types => 'SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE', enable => true);
end;

Thanks for your help.
IP Received on Wed Oct 13 2004 - 08:20:45 CDT