GLOBAL_STATS

From: Martin Preiss <mtnpreiss_at_gmx.de>
Date: 13 Oct 2004 04:05:56 -0700

Hello,

after some CTAS-operations on my Oracle 10.1.0.2 Server (SE) i see that there are many entries in user_tables with GLOBAL_STATS = 'NO'. The database reference tells me:

GLOBAL_STATS:
For partitioned tables, indicates whether statistics were collected for the table as a whole (YES) or were estimated from statistics on underlying partitions and subpartitions (NO)

Since these tables are not partitioned (the feature is not included in SE) i have no idea how they got the flag. The problem is that the tables seem to be excluded from the automatic statistic gathering. Is it possible to change the GLOBAL_STATS-flag? (i didn't find a fitting ALTER TABLE command) Or have i to use dbms_stats now to get the statistics? And what's the reason for the GLOBAL_STATS='NO'-entries for non-partitioned tables?

Kind regards

Martin Preiss Received on Wed Oct 13 2004 - 06:05:56 CDT