Re: Error from control file

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:32:08 +0200

On 12 Oct 2004 08:34:05 -0700, premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote:

>Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> wrote in message news:<d39nm0dugopm82nvpqt0886rabcrfhj66l_at_4ax.com>...
>> On 11 Oct 2004 20:08:30 -0700, premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com (Prem K
>> Mehrotra) wrote:
>>
>> >Below is the output from a v$ view. If I were to rebuild control file which
>> >paraemeter will I change.
>>
>> Please read the error message and the output *carefully* (preferably
>> prior to dumping them to this group)
>> Then try to understand the situation and just recreate the
>> controlfile.
>
>My problem is I don't kno what do I have to recreate in controlfile. That's
>why I was showing the output from v$ view,

The controlfile is maintained by Oracle. You can't recreate anything *in* it. You can only recreate the *complete* controlfile by the ordinary alter database backup control file to trace procedure, posted here many times.
Apparently when you delete a controlfile record it isn't really deleted but it goes into the 'deleted objects' section. You delete records from the controlfile especially when you manipulate rman backupsets and pieces and/or archive logs. As the 'deleted objects' section, according to the output you can't seem to read, is at maximum capacity, you can't do anything about that and you can only hope and expect that recreating the controlfile will resolve the problem.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA