Re: beginner: login to closed base

From: Pasquito <mm.pescatore_at_tin.it>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:57:40 GMT

"vertigo" <ax178_at_wp.pl> ha scritto nel messaggio news:ckh17p$8e2$1_at_nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
> Hello
> Oracl 9.2. I created database test. I configured & started listener.
> I want to start test instance. I need to login using SQLPlus, and type
> STARTUP command. But my problem is that i can not login to that instance
> because listener do not see it (because it is not started yet).
> I tried:
> sqlplus sys/passwd_at_test

Well, in the 9x rel. of oracle the things r little changed. if u want login with sqlplus u must do
sqlplus /nolog
- after prompt -
connect sys/password as sysdba

> and received:
> ORA-12500: TNS: can not find dedicated server process.

this error may cause of insufficient privilege, a bug (see http://www.experts-exchange.com/Databases/Oracle/Q_20775492.html) or a bad tnsname configuration.

Pasquito Received on Tue Oct 12 2004 - 11:57:40 CDT