Re: Health checks for Oracle

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:04:38 GMT

qazmlp wrote:

> During the Oracle installation/upgrade, the logs will be written into
> /export/home/oracle/oraInventory/logs
>
> Are there any logs(for Oracle) written during the normal run-time i.e.
> after the Oracle installation/upgrade is completed?

Yes. Many. Listed in the documentation. Start at the Concepts manual, then proceed to the Database Administration Manual.

> Basically, I want to have some health checks(for the complete software
> stack) for the system where my application is running. Hence, I am
> trying to find such health check steps for checking Oracle itself.

Start by reading the documetation to understand what the pieces of Oracle are trying to do.

Do a regular check of Oracle's alert.log and the other logs that are identified in the dooc.

Run Oracle Enterprise Manager in OMS mode and refer to the reports and the events and fix-it jobs it has available. That is a major part of it's purpose!

Use OEM's diagnostic pack Received on Tue Oct 12 2004 - 10:04:38 CDT