Re: inactive instance on server crash

From: Louis Frolio <froliol_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Oct 2004 07:43:45 -0700

fabrizio <watch.the_at_stars.fr> wrote in message news:<ckgc4n$pnt$1_at_utcnews.utc.fr>...
> Hello,
>
> i am wondering why the instance of a database is inactive after a server
> powerdown.
> The server was running when the a 'eletrical breakdown' ocured -sorry
> for my english. at server restart the instance was inactive.
>
> why ?
> how can i avoid this behaviour ?
>
> Fabrice

Depending on what platform you are running you will have different options for ensuring an autostart of the Oracle instance when the server is brought up. For Unix look at the oratab (if you don't know what this is do a Google on it and read up0 file (different locations depending on flavor of Unix) and on Windows you need to go into services and set several of the Oracle processes to "Automatic"

Louis Frolio Received on Tue Oct 12 2004 - 09:43:45 CDT