Re: sqlplus wrong?

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:24:33 GMT

Ed Stevens wrote:

> I'll gladly confess to almost total ignorance about how IP address are
> assigned and how they work. Nevertheless, I'd think it a potential
> security problem to expose one's addresses on a public forum. (Yes, I

I agree to your thought about not putting anything sensitive in a publically accessible location - passwords, keys, IP addresses, wallet

Just wanted to point out that the particular one - 192.168.x.x - is NOT one of the sensitive ones.

Also wanted to highlight that checking for Oracle listeners (or any other listener) in that series will normally point to internal sites, not public sites. Received on Tue Oct 12 2004 - 08:24:33 CDT