Re: Oracle9i, RAC on linux - server hardware recommendation

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:09:20 GMT

ty wrote:

> Hi All
> We have decided on the following setup for our database server
>
> Oracle 9i + RAC
> Redhat linux (AS)
> Netapp filer (for shared storage).
>
> Any ideas\suggestions??go for 64bit cpu??
> btw,cost effectiveness is NOT a major fector-we look for 1.reliability
> 2.performance.

In addition to what might be said here - get your possible vendors to provide references. And follow up on the references.

Regardless of what we might tell you, your relationship with your hardware vendor is one of the more critical items.

Go for 64-bit if that's what you need - big memory, big files, etc. Received on Tue Oct 12 2004 - 08:09:20 CDT