Re: Windows Oracle 9.2.0.2.1

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:39:08 +0200

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Wardell Castles wrote:
>

>> Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and
>> patch set 9.2.0.2.1?
>>
>> I tried to find it at
>> http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html
>>
>> However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the
>> 64-bit version.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Wardell Castles
>

> There is no such thing as a Developers copy and I can't imagine why you
> would want anything less than the current patchset.

Well, actually there are... If you just care to look at the indicated page, about half way down... "Developer's Releases" Same on 10G...
Application server ditto: called Pre-Release.

And, of course there's the confusion about Oracle's licensing strategy. Suspecting you are referring to that, you're right; no such thing as a developer's copy: Oracle s/w works the same whether downloaded or ordered on CD.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel