Re: db copy from prd to dev

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:22:42 +0200

On 10 Oct 2004 07:40:56 -0700, yls177_at_hotmail.com (yls177) wrote:

>Hi, i am copying my oracle 8.1.7 from PRD to DEV.
>
>1) A offline restore from PRD to DEV, all data files.
>2) In DEV, change the sid name to PRD in initDEV.ora
>3) startup mount
>4) change the control file sid to DEV
>5) in initDEV.ora, change the sid name to DEV
>

>i did a startup and get the below
>
>SVRMGR> connect internal
>Connected.
>SVRMGR> shutdown immediate
>ORA-01507: database not mounted
>ORACLE instance shut down.
>SVRMGR> startup
>ORACLE instance started.
>Database mounted.
>ORA-01157: cannot identify/lock data file 1 - see DBWR trace file
>ORA-01110: data file 1: '/oracle/SID/sapdata1/system_1/system.data1'
>SVRMGR>
>

>a little bit of background as below
>1) PRD filesystem is /oracle/PRD/sapdata* where * is a number
>2) in my DEV, the filesysetm is /oracle/DEV/sapdata*
>
>therefore, i am restoring my PRD datafiles to my DEV with the paths
>not correct. This should be the problem. Basically, beside the change
>of SID in the initDEV.ora, all other oracle settings in DEV remain as
>they are for the DEV instance.
>
>Any help with the above startup error?

You should have followed the procedure to *clone* the database. This procedure includes creating a correct controlfile. This procedure has been posted in this group *many* times, including last week.
One of the biggest problems of this group people a) never read manuals
b) never search Google
prior to posting.
This keeps the few volunteers here busy with answering the same questions
over and over and over and over and over again

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA