Re: Windows Oracle 9.2.0.2.1

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 22:59:44 GMT

Wardell Castles wrote:

> Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and
> patch set 9.2.0.2.1?
>
> I tried to find it at
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html
>
> However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the
> 64-bit version.
>
> Thanks,
> Wardell Castles

  1. Get a license
  2. Get the software (9.2.0.1)
  3. Get patches (>> 9.2.0.2 to 9.2.0.5)

The 'developers' copy is called Oracle9i Database Personal Edition.

Actually that is the 'one user' copy that many professional developers use when they want or need support. It contains the same code base as the Enterprise Edition, the minor differences being identified in the New Features documentation at http://docs.oracle.com

You can obtain the software 'free' from the location you mention, but you need to agree to the developer's _license_ (quite different from developer's _copy_). Or you can get the software on CD from http://oraclestore.oracle.com under a trial or production license.

Regardless of where you get the software you need a _license_ and, if you have a production license (one you pay for), you can also purchase support for access to Metalink to get the patches.

You can not (officially) get patches without Metalink.

/Hans Received on Sat Oct 09 2004 - 17:59:44 CDT