Whitepaper or docco on 'instance vs schema'

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 18:35:59 GMT

Customer is asking for third party supporting info - white papers or docco - discussing the pros and cons of 'managing multiple instances' vs 'managing fewer instances with more schemas' vs 'server consolidation'.

We've discussed this on the NGs various times, but I'm looking for something formal and referenceable.

I'd appreciate any pointers to white papers, documentation and books that discuss this. For some reason I can't seem to find anything in my searches.

TIA
/Hans Received on Sat Oct 09 2004 - 13:35:59 CDT