Re: current used initSID.ora

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2004 14:22:23 -0700

"Paul" <lagarutte_at_yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:<3810FD4EAD8AD611A50D00805F0DA7FA064C7CE9_at_proxyusinor.usinor.com>...
> Hi,
> how can i determine whici is the current initSID.ora used to start the
> instance in case when there are many of inti file in different directory.
> I know that the standard is ORACLE_HOME\databases.
> Is there any sql command to show me this ?
>
> thx

While Ana is correct, you can perhaps figure it out by looking in the alert log and comparing the "System parameters with non-default values:" with the values in the init files - and the first one you should check is the default for your platform. In versions with spfiles, you can of course save the current settings in an init file (create pfile) - I can imagine that being the source of many init files at some places. Note that the alter system ... scope command has a more limited scope if the db was started with a pfile.

Always remember to give the minimum info necessary for people to help you with your problems:
http://members.cox.net/oracleunix/readme-cdos.htm

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.