Re: Good tutorial or book on Oracle db?

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 20:22:50 GMT

Jan G. Thorstensen wrote:

> Hi. I'm newto Oracle but want to learn how to make a database and finally
> use it on my web site.
>
> Is there a good tutorial on the Internet somewhere, or could someone
> recommend a good starting book?
>
> Thanks for any help or suggestions.
>
> Best regards
> Jan
>
> PS: I have downloaded Oracle 9i Personal Edition For MS Windows 98 but
> don't know
> where to start.

http://otn.oracle.com/obe gies online 'HowTo' with pictures to help jump start you.

Also, read the Concepts manual from http://tahiti.oracle.com and get a few books like O'Reilly 'Oracle Essentials', 'Mastering Oracle SQL'; APress 'Expert One on One Oracle' and Oracle Press 'Effective Oracle By Design'

/Hans Received on Fri Oct 08 2004 - 15:22:50 CDT